Sunday, January 21, 2018

Facts, feelings, findings and future

Recently, we attended a programme and learnt about journalling. One of the things we looked at is how a journal should consist of facts, feelings, findings and future.

Here is my journal

Facts
Anjali and I had an argument today. I told Anjali off for being rude and specifically teenagerish, and how she is flippant about stuff and doesnt work on things for long enough.

Later, looking through Anjali's homework, I noticed that her Math homework was rather advanced and done through very quick and dirty ways. Ordinarily, I would take atleast five minutes to solve them (it took me five minutes to crosscheck each question), but this girl had them all down as one liners with just the answer.

Feelings
I find that Anjali is very intelligent. However, with the intelligence, somes a feeling of superiority and entitlement. I am not quite sure, as a parent, what to do about it except to whack it off her, though I am not sure whether this would be a good solution.

Finding
I did notice, however, that Anjali cheered up at the pool. Is the next step to whacking play?

Future
I wonder if a question to ask Anjali everyday would be to write about or share about what challenged her or to find one thing to do that challenged her.

In other news, I am making good progress in R and data camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For your little notes and ideas