Thursday, September 6, 2012

This morning's invitation to play: playdouogh and beads

Before taking the girls to patti's house, I whipped up a batch of the 4 minute no cook playdough.

2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of salt
2 tpsp oil
2 tbsp cream of tartar
1 cup boiling water

Mix the lot together, add food coloring and knead. As usual, I had six colors, all the primary colors and the three secondary colors. I took it along with me to patti's house (Anjali helped me to carry the big bag of playdoigh cutting tools, beads and the playdough in a tupperware)

As I had written before, this playdough lasts forever as long as it is kept in a tupperware. And it doesnt need to be stored in the fridge so it is as accessible as it can get.

Patti worried about her floor, so the girls had tpo work on newspaper, and they got along making models


At some point, patti brought out an empty box of cornflakes and we pounced on it for a bit of sneaky literacy.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like lots of fun. I never think of adding bits to play dough.

    Thanks for linking up. x

    ReplyDelete

For your little notes and ideas