Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Wizard of Oz

A good story is one that stirs up the imagination. And Oz is one of those stories. I took some time off to reread the Wizard of Oz yesterday. And there are an attrocious number of characters in the books that donot appear in the movie - like the China people.

So the China people features in my bedtime story for the girls last night, and me, in my high sleep was muttering about them. When is topped, husband tried to take over

Sophia: Want Chinese stoie

Husband tried to say something

Sophia: No. Mummy tell me Chinese story

Me: Once upon a time there was a china man

Sophia: no want Doyothy chinese story

Since Sophia let go of the bua, she had been fussing to go to sleep, not because she is hungry, but because she wants a glass of milk. Though she drinks milo and has cereal before bed, she still wants a glass of milk close to 11pm.

So, after hearing wired sleep contorted versions of Dorothy's adventures with the China men, she drank her glass of milk and went to sleep. the last thing I heard before I drifted away was

"Pat a cake, pat a cake, baker's an"

3 comments:

  1. Why dont u try giving her some warm water...instead

    ReplyDelete
  2. You try giving her water when she asks for milk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...i know what you mean. Deepika at 9 months can bring the house down when I try to replace that nth time night feed with water...i am sure it will pass...or not...Ananya sometimes drinks milo too at night and that she will remember after I am all ready to go to bed!

    ReplyDelete

For your little notes and ideas