Tuesday, June 9, 2009

the manipulatrix

Anjali wanted to go to patti's house on Friday. I was feeding Sophia and she managed to convince her dad. So she strolls in and says:

"Mummy, I want to go to patti's house"

"No"

"I want to go to patti's house"

Husband and thattha chime in: Let her go. I'll bring her back for gymboree.

"No"

"Bad mummy, good daddy"

"Anjali, if you go to patti's house, I will be sad"

I took a leaf out of her book, put my face into a pout and said

"Mummy sad, Mummy very sad!!"

"Come with me!!"

Of course, the decisions in the house no longer rest with me, and she ended up going, but before that

"Anjali, give me a hug"

"Vendam"

The next morning she comes back, wreaks havoc at gymboree, and at night before bed she tries her luck again.

"Mummy, patti yenga?"

"patti is in patti's house"

"Anniya baby patti's house"

"Why do you want to go to patti's house?"

"Bad mummy!!"

"Excuse me?"

"I want to go to patti's house"

"Ok, fine, go to patti's house"

"good mummy!!"

Huh??


No comments:

Post a Comment

For your little notes and ideas