Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another sleepless night

I do wish it would stop raining in the evenings, then Anjali would play nicely in the evenings in the playground, get tired, have a bath, have her dinner and go to sleep. The last couple of days it had been raining really badly. Anjali didnt have the opportunity to climb, swing, slide and do whatever it is that little monkeys do at the playground.

As a result, last night, she just wasnt tired enough to sleep soundly throughout the night, and woke up for three drinks of milk. Between feeds, she was fussy, crying, wanting to be comforted and in general reefusing to sleep.

At 5.30 in the morning, when the third milk bottle went down, she had slready been up and gnawing at me for the past hour. When husband came with the bottle I told him "Listen, if she doesnt sleep, can you take over the entertainment? I have barely slept a wink all night."

Accordingly husband tried to pick up the little girl and walk with her around the house. A royal blue yell followed, which semi culminated in the barf of most of the last intake of milk.

When husband brought her back to the bedroom, she climbed on top of me and cried, until i assured her that I wont let her go. And the she fell asleep, just like that, across my torso.

Then, when I was fairly sure that she was asleep, I tried to tip her over on the bed.

The royal blue yell began again.

So she climbed back on me, tummy to tummy this time, and went back to sleep, with husband singing My Bonnie Lies over the ocean in a half sleepy and befuddled state.

I fell asleep and when I woke up at 7 in the morning, she was still sprawled over me, tummy to tummy. It was rather like sleeping with a large teddy bear with no fur.

It was rather fun (in retrospect)

Except that I have a hangover

And so does husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For your little notes and ideas