Tuesday, August 5, 2008

more anjali cute stuff

Anjali has been spending the weekend recovering from a fever. On Sunday, she slept through most of the evening and woke up just when husband and I were about to have a dinner of baked vegetables. I tried to coax Anjali into eating some potatoes, but no go, she was not very interested. So she sat on my lap and watched as i picked up my vegetables and dipped them in chutney before eating them.

Suddenly a hand shot out and picked a piece of potato. Anjali dipped it into chutney, liked the chutney, dipped the potato, licked the chutney etc.

"Anjali, you must bite the potato" I said. "Its potato with chutney, not chutney with potato"

"Anjali, here's a softer potato, its easier to bite", said husband.

Anjali ignored him

"Anjali, why dont you take this potato from mummy's plate", I said, picking the potato that looked the most juicy, and giving it to Anjali

Anjali ignored me also.

I left her alone to hone her chutney eating skills and continued to eat from my plate.

But husband couldnt sit there and watch his precious (and sick) princess eating a very roasted potato with chutney. So he kept the very juicy potato on my plate, at the corner closest to Anjali, so that she could reach and take it when she wanted to. And perhaps the sight off the soft potato in front of her nose will appeal to her more than what we told her.

Perhaps

Anjali, who was watching this exchange, perched on my lap like a koala bear, shot a hand out and picked up the juicy potato.

She spared it half a glance and put it back in her father's plate.

I hadnt laughed so hard in weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

For your little notes and ideas